Expected Salary Band 42 - 48 P.A
Experience 10 - 14 Year
Qualification BE , Btech , ME , Mtech, PhD
Main KRA's : The Manager of Firmware Engineering is responsible for managing a team of engineers working on designing, developing, and supporting FW for Enterprise HDD/SSD products. The Manager will directly lead engineers in Bengaluru, India who work as part of an integrated organization.
· Directs the activities related to the architecture, analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of firmware and software.
· Directs activities related to troubleshooting of code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
· The ideal candidate will have had experience overseeing engineers who have designed FW features, and engineers who have submitted design reviews before continuing the development workflow.
· The candidate would have ensured the direct reports follow best practices such as spending time on unit-tests, simulator tests, HW targeted tests and so on is a must.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, both to coordinate task forces, and to inform other engineers, peers, and upper management on status.
· Excellent planning capabilities required for guiding a team or teams for the timely delivery of quality firmware.
· Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
· Might need to travel to other engineering sites from time to time.
· Support Scaled Agile Framework team development processes, helping to resolve roadblocks and impediments
· Measure and monitor the quality and progress of the work of the team and adjust accordingly
· Hire, coach, and manage staff as needed
· Provide career development and performance coaching
· Collaborate with peer managers to lead broader organizational initiatives
· Create a team culture that supports open communication, collaboration across teams and across sites, and empowerment to employees
Qualifications / Experience :
· BS with 10+ yrs relevant FW experience, MS with 8+ yrs , PhD with 3+ yrs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in a management role.
· The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a team that specializes in firmware development:
- C & C++, Design, ARM based architectures.
- HDD/SSD architecture.
- Interface Protocols (SAS/SCSI, SATA).
- FW Download, Bootup flow.
- Debug infrastructure.
- Multi-core environments.
· Firmware or software development workflow within multi-developer, multi-site environments.
· Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
· Strong writing and presentation skills
· Experience collaborating on a distributed team.
· Preferred experience in a global organization.
· Attitude and aptitude towards firmware planning, development and execution.
· Mindset towards delivering the Highest Quality product to the customer through Scaled Agile Framework.
· Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Experience with Performance reviews/ratings, directing work and priorities, compensation analysis, recruiting, etc
NOTE : Salary mentioned is only an indication and should be used at own discretion. Not binding on ONS SEARCH since it depends on various factors.